God’s Simple Plan of Salvation
My Friend: There’s an old saying that, “everybody wants to go to heaven, but nobody wants to die.” Well, the truth is not everybody is going to heaven, but everybody is going to die.
As you read this, I am sure you realize that one day you are going to die. The question is, when you die, can you be sure you are going to heaven?
Well, the Bible says you can; 1 John 5:13 says, “These things have I written unto you that believe on the name of the Son of God; that ye may know that you have eternal life.”
The Bible says that you not only CAN know that you are going to heaven, but that you SHOULD know.
There are four things you must know and believe in order to be sure you will go to heaven when you die. These things are very important and you must not only believe them in your mind, you must believe them in your heart.
First, you have sinned against God. Romans 3:23 “For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God;”
Second, sin has consequences. Romans 6:23 “For the wages of sin is death;”
Third, is the good news! Romans 5:8 “But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.”
Fourth, what God asks us to do. Romans 10:9 “That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.”
God’s simple plan of salvation is: You are a sinner. Therefore, unless you believe on Jesus Who died in your place, you will spend eternity in Hell. If you believe on Him as your crucified, buried, and risen Savior, you receive forgiveness for all of your sins and His gift of eternal salvation by faith.
My Friend, believe on Jesus and receive Him as Savior today.
Right now, if you will believe His word and pray a simple prayer, God will save you. Just pray:
“Dear Lord, I know I am a sinner, but I believe Jesus Christ died on the cross to pay for my sin. Right now I repent of my sin, and ask Jesus to come into my heart and save me. I now receive Him as my Savior. I thank You for the forgiveness of my sins, the gift of salvation and everlasting life, because of Your merciful grace. In Jesus’ name. Amen.”
SALVATION IS A GIFT OF GOD! GLORY! IT’S GREAT TO BE A CHRISTIAN!
REJOICE IN WHAT GOD HAS DONE FOR YOU!
Now that you have accepted Christ’s gift, some wonderful things have happened:
1. You’re saved from an eternity in Hell! “For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.” (Romans 10:13)
2. You’ve received eternal life! “…but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.” (Romans 6:23b)
3. You’re a child of God! “But as many as received Him, to them gave He power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on His name:” (John 1:12)
4. Your sins are forgiven! “To Him give all the prophets witness, that through His name whosoever believeth in Him shall receive remission of sins.” (Acts 10:43)
5. Jesus has received you! “…him that cometh to me I will in no wise cast out.” (John 6:37b)
SUGGESTIONS TO HELP YOU GROW IN THE CHRISTIAN LIFE
1. Make a public profession of your faith. “Whosoever therefore shall confess me before men, him will I confess also before my Father which is in heaven.” (Matthew 10:32)
2. Be baptized. “Then they that gladly received His word were baptized: and the same day there were added unto them about three thousand souls.” (Acts 2:41)
3. Read your Bible daily. “Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path.” (Psalm 119:105)
4. Pray every day. “The effectual fervent prayer of a righteous man availeth much.” (James 5:16b)
5. Attend a Bible-believing church. “I was glad when they said unto me, let us go into the house of the Lord.” (Psalm 122:1)
6. Share your experience with others. “Go home to thy friends, and tell them how great things the Lord hath done for thee, and hath had compassion on thee.” (Mark 5:19b)
7. Start giving to God’s work. “Give, and it shall be given unto you;” (Luke 6:38a)
8. When you sin, confess it to God. “If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.” (1 John 1:9)
If you accepted Jesus Christ as your Lord and Savior we would like to hear from you. We would like to help you in your new found faith.